Discovery Biology Director
- As a key member of discovery leadership team, design and execute biology strategy to build and deliver a pipeline of high value projects.
- Set-up the US biology lab and perform day-to-day management.
- Recruit and develop talents, build a strong team with deep scientific expertise.
- Design and develop novel and solid biological assays for drug discovery.
- Establish and maintain relationship with external resources, such as research institutes, CROs, and KOLs, to support internal programs.
- Perform due diligence of external opportunities in collaboration with BD and other relevant functions.
- Supports other projects as needed.
- Ph.D. (biology/life science-related) with >5 years of Industrial experience in pharmaceutical /biotech/CRO industry in Biology/Discovery department.
- Deep experiences in oncology/immunology related biological assay development and animal models.
- Key Experience:
- Strong experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, and cellular biology.
- Working knowledge of different therapeutic modalities, including but not limited to small molecule, large molecule, ADC, molecular glue etc.
- Strong track record of publication in peer reviewed journals or holds high quality patents.
- Experience of leading drug discovery projects: from Target ID to PCC and/or PCC to IND.
- Excellent people management skills and capable of building a strong scientific team.